Visitors to our webshop will know that we specialise in selling quality and 'high-end' products from leading manufacturers, as well as from notable break-through brands.
To ensure our customers receive only authentic products, we source all our stock directly from the manufacturers or from their accredited distributors. This way, you can be certain that whatever you purchase from us is the genuine product.
Unfortunately, the strong reputation and popularity of our brands means that some products are being capitalised on by those looking to profit from criminal activity, and as a result, counterfeit products are now making their way onto the market. The proliferation of imitation products has, in large part, been made easier by the existence of well-known online market places and auction sites which, unwittingly, facilitate sub-standard, counterfeit goods reaching an unsuspecting public.
Protecting your well-being, as well as your pocket.
On the surface, it may seem that no harm is being done by purchasing counterfeit goods – after all, you seem to get the product you want, and often at a remarkably low price. But there are real downsides to this trade in imitation goods.
Invariably, counterfeit products are cheaply made, using inferior materials and have poor build quality. You're simply not receiving 'the real thing.'
More importantly, counterfeit goods do not meet the strict safety standards of authentic products by, for example, not using skin-safe materials, or not ensuring the products are free of noxious chemicals, or allergenic substances. By using a counterfeit product, you may be seriously risking your health.
Beyond these safety considerations, by purchasing counterfeit goods, people are inadvertently funding criminal activity, as well as threatening the livelihoods of those employed in manufacturing authentic products – many of them right here in the UK.
Beating the counterfeiters
Incredibly low prices aren't always suspicious – but they may be a first indicator. Retailers of authentic goods often buy in bulk from the manufacturers and so are frequently able to pass-on the savings to customers – driving prices down and allowing you to land a genuine bargain – we do this too wherever possible.
However, if you come across a price that just looks too good to be true, then you should proceed with caution, particularly if the items are being offered for sale on auction websites and other online market places - or on websites that do not carry clear information about the company, such as it's registered business address and its business registration number.
Here are a few simple things you might wish to consider in order to protect yourself from counterfeit products:
- Be especially careful when using online market places and auction sites. Don't allow yourself to be dazzled by price alone. Wherever possible, try to identify who the seller is on such sites, and whether they are a registered business.
- If purchasing from an unknown website, then have a quick look at their "terms" section, which should contain details of the company's registered address as well as their business registration number - if you can't see these, then proceed with caution.
- When buying products that require product registration to activate their warranty, please make sure to do this as soon as possible – this is a good way to confirm the authenticity of your product. Manufacturers usually incorporate security features into their registration codes, so will let you know if you've been sold a fake product.
- It's also important to be aware that because producers of counterfeit goods often use online market places and auction site to sell their goods, many manufacturers will not provide authentication statements for products purchased though such market places, meaning you may not be covered by the manufacturers' warranty.
- To counter the use by counterfeiters of online market places and auction sites, some manufacturers have now begun to prevent their products being sold on such site.
We will continue to source all the goods we sell either directly from the manufacturers or from their officially accredited distributors. Wherever possible, we buy in bulk and pass on the savings to you – this means you can shop from us, free in the knowledge that anything you buy will be of assured provenance and authenticity and, more often than not, at a great price too.
If you think you have found a website or online market place offering counterfeit products, please feel free to let us know using the online form here and we will take the appropriate action in cooperation with the Trading Standards Authorities